This competition will take place on October 2, 2011 at 1:00 pm
Please read the information below and then click on file to down load and fill out or "save as" and send back to address provided.
General Fiddle Competition Rules and Guidelines
1. Judges and management decisions are final and not open to protest, contest or
grievance in any manner.
2. Management reserves the privilege of substituting or changing judges if it becomes necessary.
3. Management reserves the right to return entries, transfer entries or combine classes and/or cancel any class in which, in its judgment, the entries are insufficient to secure adequate competition. No refunds. Management reserves the right to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to, or arising out of, or incident to, the show without claims of damages or recourse of any kind.
4. Entry position at registration will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
5. Participants SHOULD BE PRESENT and in PROPER DRAWN POSITION for entry on the stage when names are called from the staging area. Late arrivals or no shows WILL BE ELIMINATED from the competition.
6. In case of an accident beyond the contestants control, such as a broken string, the contestant may complete the performance or opt to play the entire performance over after the problem is resolved.
7. In the interest of fairness to each contestant, each fiddlers presentation is limited to four minutes TOTAL performance time.
8. Contestants are expected to perform two fiddle tunes of choice. A third tune should be considered performance ready in the event of a category tie.
9. Participants may select to have a maximum of two accompanists. Only string instruments are allowed. NO ELECTRIC INSTRUMENTS will be permitted.
10. Tie breaker performances will be judges on their own merit by the standard judging criteria.
11. All contestants should consider the placement of microphones and efforts of the sound system technicians working to ensure that each performance is clearly heard by the judges and the audience. Positioning is important.
12. The competition guidelines, rules and activities may be modified or amended depending on events and situations during the competition. Changes and decisions will be made by management.
13. Bad conduct, abusive language or being under the influence of any substance is cause for disqualification, forfeit of prizes, escort form the premises with no refund.
Junior- under 12 years oldRustic (traditional)
Youth- 13 – 18 years old
Senior- over 18 years old
Contemporary (modern, Texas, bluegrass, Irish, etc.)
Competition will award 1st through 6th place All children under 12 will receive medallion
First $150 and medallion
Second $100 and medallion
Third $75 and medallion
Fourth $ 50 and medallion
Cash prizes will be awarded same days of event.
Join Us For A Fun Filled Weekend!!
Traveling? Need a place to stay? Please contact our Host Hotel offering discount prices for this event:
Hilton Ocala 3600 SW 36th Ave Ocala FL 34474 (352) 854-1400
Or The Sleep Inn & Suites of Ocala
Southeastern Livestock Pavilion
2232 NE Jacksonville Rd Ocala FL 34470
Click Here To View Larger Map